Vacancy: Product Development Specialist
Oro Agri Inc. is part of a global group of companies producing and marketing environmentally friendly crop protection products, soil conditioners, plant nutrients and bio-stimulants suitable for various applications in organic and sustainable agriculture.
This very stimulating position will provide opportunity to grow within a dynamic and innovative global business out of the North American office in Fresno, California, reporting to the Technical Director.
- Establish and run a greenhouse facility for trials focused on diseases, plant nutrients or bio-stimulants.
- Establish a biological lab facility suitable for in-vitro screening of disease pathogens.
- Create protocols for trials in line with registration and/or commercial objectives.
- Manage and oversee field research conducted by external contractors countrywide.
- Visit contract trial sites countrywide and maintain relationships with trial contractors.
- Identify potential market opportunities for new products.
Support to Marketing & Sales:
- Training through presentation of trial results to marketing and sales staff.
- Oversight and evaluation of commercial trials as arranged by sales representatives.
- Financial planning and management of annual trial budget in co-operation with Technical Director.
- Write trial reports on greenhouse and lab trials.
- Review and interpret external trial reports & maintain trial information database.
- Compile product data dossiers for regulatory team as needed.
- Regular reporting to management.
- MS degree in a biological science specializing in plant pathology, entomology or soil science.
- Experience in a similar research position related to crop protection products (including biologicals and bio-pesticides), nutrition or bio-stimulants in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of the crop protection industry, market and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of IPM programs and crop production practices with priority on California crops.
- Experience in statistical trial layout, data analyses, interpretation and related software (specifically ARM).
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal, presentations, report writing).
- Strong attention to detail, disciplined and self-motivated to achieve personal and company goals.
- Internal liaising: Regulatory staff, formulations chemist, analytical chemist, Marketing and Sales.
- External liaising: University researchers to PhD level, trial contractors to PhD level and customers/PCAs.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in line with skills, qualifications and experience.
Send inquiries and résumé to: email@example.com